AARP-EMPOWERING OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH RESOURCES WITH AARP
Below is R.A.I.N.’s 1st gala in 1966 with our Founder, Mrs. Beatrice Castiglia-Catullo
Celebrating our Founder’s 98th Birthday at our 50th Gala on October 30, 2014
R.A.I.N. responds to address the issue of Alzheimer’s in the Hispanic/Latino community. An abstract has been submitted to the National Association of Hispanic Nurses.
R.A.I.N. working towards addressing the New York State Prevention Agenda, and is looking for partners in providing this information to individuals in our communities. We must focus on integrated care delivery with our community partners.
Please visit the following link for detailed information:
An order form to obtain free copies from the Department of Health is attached, and also can be downloaded at:
Important health topics are provided to our Seniors and Family on understanding the importance of staying healthy. Of particular interests are: Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Diabetes, Obesity, Smoking Cessation, Cardiac Health and Falls Prevention.
- Interventions for Focus Area 1 – Reduce Obesity in Children and Adults.
- Interventions for Focus Area 2 – Reduce Illness, Disability and Death Related to Tobacco Use and Secondhand Smoke Exposure.
- Interventions for Focus Area 3 – Increase Access to High-Quality Chronic Disease Preventive Care and Management in Clinical and Community Settings.
- Interventions for Focus Area 1 – Outdoor Air Quality.
- Interventions for Focus Area 2 – Water Quality.
- Interventions for Focus Area 3 – Built Environment.
- Interventions for Focus Area 4 – Injuries, Violence and Occupational Health.
- Interventions for Focus Area 1 – Prevent HIV and STDs Action Plan.
- Interventions for Focus Area 2 – Prevent Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Action Plan.
- Interventions for Focus Area 3 – Prevent Health Care-Associated Infections Action Plan.
Ask us how we can collaborate on this important initiative.